Office Window and Door, Stone House (1817-1819)
Hyde Hall, Springfield, New York
2018 photographs by John Bower
This exterior door was added to George Clarke’s (1768-1835) office about 1834. It is thought to have been used by tenant farmers as a way to gain access to Clarke to conduct business transactions.
A view from inside – submitted by a visitor.