Hyde Hall’s Reservoir
Glimmerglass State Park, East Springfield, New York
This is all that remains of a reservoir that was built by George Clarke (1768-1836) sometime during the early/middle stages of construction at Hyde Hall. On February 28th of 1829, Clarke ordered 50 rods, or 825 feet, of lead pipe from Peter Smith, an Albany coppersmith and hardware merchant. This is the approximate length from the Carriage House to the base of the reservoir. Remnants of the lead, later replaced by Iron pipes, are sometimes still visible in the stream banks.