Hyde Hall

Tin Top Bridge

 Hyde Hall Tin Top Bridge
Hyde Hall Tin Top Bridge

Tin-Top Bridge

Hyde Hall, East Springfield, New York

This bridge was completed in 2011 and provides access to Hyde Hall from Tin Top through its Mill Road entrance. The existing culvert, which replaced the original bridge in the early 20th century, washed out in June 2006.  The current bridge was modeled after an original 1824 drawing of a proposed bridge at the Hyde estate in Cheshire, England.  The bridge now acts as the main entrance to the Hyde Hall grounds.

2012 Photograph by Michael Reynolds

The Original Site of Tin Top – Gate House of Hyde Hall

Original Site of Tin Top
Original Site of Tin Top

Original Site of Tin Top, Gate House of Hyde Hall

Glimmerglass State Park, East Springfield, New York

Tin top was built around 1830 and acted as the original gate house to Hyde Hall. It was originally located just right of the main entrance to Glimmerglass State Park, where the foundation is still visible. In 1974 Tin Top was moved to its current location between the Caretaker’s Cottage and the main House of Hyde Hall.

2012 Photograph by Michael Reynolds

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5