Outer Library Marble Mantel, Stone house (1817-1819)
Hyde Hall, Springfield, New York
Supplied by Abraham Labagh (1768-1855)
New York City, New York
In 1819, George Clarke (1768-1835), purchased two mantels made of King of Prussia or Pennsylvania Blue marble from Abraham Labagh (1768-1855), a stone cutter and stone merchant in New York City. They were placed in the Inner and Outer libraries of the Stone House wing of Hyde Hall.