Made by Robert Shepherd (1781-1852) and William Boyd (1774-1840)
Albany, New York
Much of the silver that was used at Hyde Hall came from either Albany or New York City, and was engraved with the family crest. George Clarke (1768-1835) purchased fine silver over a number of years, eventually acquiring a full tea set, serving utensils, flatware, and various serving dishes. Since the individual pieces were purchased over 20 years, they were not all in the same style. He purchased this pitcher on March 27, 1828 for $35.00, and had the Hyde crest engraved on one side for $1.50. A tea kettle with a similar finial was purchased at the same time.